Who Needs a Coach?
Who needs a coach? Some folks think that the only people who need a coach are low performers who need a boost. I do not believe this is true. Everyone benefits from working with an effective coach. The coach guides you toward seeing all the power and wisdom you hold.
Each person holds so much power within themselves that needs to be let out. Sometimes they just need a little nudge, a little direction, a little support, a little coaching, and the greatest things can happen.Pete Carroll
A few reasons to engage a coach:
- You have a siloed job and need a person outside of the institution to connect and reflect with.
- You are at a transition phase in your career.
- You are managing change in your institution.
- You are new to your institution and you are adjusting to a new culture.
- You are onboarding a new team and/or trying to shift the culture in that team.
- You want to be better and do better in your current role.
These are only a few of the many reasons to engage a coach. A coach provides a safe place to reflect, problem-solve, build skills, and ideate. When you do find a coach that you trust and you are ready to work consider the below.
- Each coaching session is your time so use it the way you need.
- Bring your thoughts, problems, and reflections to each session.
- Be ready to engage and reflect.
- You have the solutions to your problems.